Every salad should be colorful and crunchy like this one with its bright tomatoes, carrots, peppers and sassy spring mix. Toss with your best dressing. —Liz Bellville, Jacksonville, North Carolina
Recommended: 62 Ways to Eat the Rainbow
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut lengthwise in half and sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup each red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup each chopped sweet yellow, orange and red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 2/3 cup Pesto Buttermilk Dressing or reduced-fat buttermilk ranch salad dressing
- Place cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, olives, celery, sweet peppers, onion, garlic salt and pepper in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- Just before serving, add salad greens. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to combine. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Rainbow Veggie Salad in Taste of Home November 2014, p79
Reviews for Rainbow Veggie Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2014
"Adding Garlic Salt and Pepper to the Vegetables really sets this salad apart from its counterparts! I will definitely be making my raw vegetables like this in the future!"