Rainbow Vegetable Skillet Recipe
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place cut side down in a microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 in. water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, chili powder, cilantro, salt, pepper and cinnamon; set aside. When squash is cool enough to handle, peel and discard rind. Cut pulp into 1/2-in. pieces.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil until tender. Add tomatoes and squash; heat through. Transfer to a large bowl; add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Rainbow Vegetable Skillet in Country Woman October/November 2008, p36
Reviews for Rainbow Vegetable Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2009
I needed to cook the squash a little longer until it was almost tender; otherwise I made it like the recipe. Attractive and tasty!
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2009
i just tried this recipe and everyone loved it. I don't like cilantro so i added parsley instead. Great recipe!!!