Rainbow Sherbet Dessert Recipe
Macaroons, pecans and layers of fruity sherbet combine in this beautiful, special dessert. Try garnishing with fresh strawberries and just listen to folks "ooh" and "ahh" when you bring this in! —Kathryn Dunn, Axton, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + freezing YIELD:12 servings
- 12 macaroon cookies, crumbled
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 pint each raspberry, lime and orange sherbet, softened
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle cookie crumbs onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Combine cookie crumbs and pecans; fold in whipped cream. Spread half of cream mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Freeze 30 minutes.
- 3. Gently spread raspberry sherbet over cream layer. Layer with lime and orange sherbets; spread with remaining cream mixture. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 387 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC