- 12 macaroon cookies, crumbled
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 pint each raspberry, lime and orange sherbet, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle cookie crumbs onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Combine cookie crumbs and pecans; fold in whipped cream. Spread half of cream mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Gently spread raspberry sherbet over cream layer. Layer with lime and orange sherbets; spread with remaining cream mixture. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rainbow Sherbet Dessert
"I use a 1/2 gal of rainbow sherbet instead and my family lovedinner it."
"My mother-in-law used to make this and it is delicious. She was born in 1900 so you can see how long the recipe has been around! The cookie amount is flexible depending on what kind you use. You just want a nice mixture of crumbs and whipped cream to form a crush. She always made it in a long Pullman loaf pan, turned it out, and sliced it to serve. Have made it for countless showers as it is done ahead and always impresses!"
"Delicious, refreshing summer dessert. I used Voortmans coconut cookies and did not bake them. Delicious!!!!"
"Nice summer dessert. I used pecan sandies instead of the macaroons and pecans, substituted 1/2 t almond extract for half the vanilla. Froze each layer before spreading the next. Very easy, very pretty."
"Hi Ceege, the amount should be 2 cups crumbled cookies. For testing purposes only, we used the Archway brand."