Rainbow Sherbet Dessert Recipe
- 12 macaroon cookies, crumbled
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 pint each raspberry, lime and orange sherbet, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle cookie crumbs onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Combine cookie crumbs and pecans; fold in whipped cream. Spread half of cream mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Gently spread raspberry sherbet over cream layer. Layer with lime and orange sherbets; spread with remaining cream mixture. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rainbow Sherbet Dessert
Sort By :
Hi Ceege, the amount should be 2 cups crumbled cookies. For testing purposes only, we used the Archway brand.
C'mon TOH. Give us the "cup" amount of macaroons needed instead of the number of cookies. Cookies come in all sizes so I have no idea how much is needed to add to the cream. Please give us measured ingredients instead of numbers. I intend to keep this recipe in my recipe box as it sounds delicious, but will not attempt to make it until the above question is answered. Thank you
Wondering if there was difficulty spread sherbet on macaroon crust. Sounds delicious!
I'm not fond of sherbet, but I'm going to try this with fruit flavors of ice cream. It sounds Yummy!!!
This looks so good! I like the idea of using Pecan Sandies cookies. For those looking for lime sherbet, I googled where to find, and it seems that Walmart sells it. Hope this helps!
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >