- 12 macaroon cookies, crumbled
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 pint each raspberry, lime and orange sherbet, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle cookie crumbs onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Combine cookie crumbs and pecans; fold in whipped cream. Spread half of cream mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Gently spread raspberry sherbet over cream layer. Layer with lime and orange sherbets; spread with remaining cream mixture. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rainbow Sherbet Dessert
Sort By :
"Delicious, refreshing summer dessert. I used Voortmans coconut cookies and did not bake them. Delicious!!!!"
"Nice summer dessert. I used pecan sandies instead of the macaroons and pecans, substituted 1/2 t almond extract for half the vanilla. Froze each layer before spreading the next. Very easy, very pretty."
"Hi Ceege, the amount should be 2 cups crumbled cookies. For testing purposes only, we used the Archway brand."
"C'mon TOH. Give us the "cup" amount of macaroons needed instead of the number of cookies. Cookies come in all sizes so I have no idea how much is needed to add to the cream. Please give us measured ingredients instead of numbers. I intend to keep this recipe in my recipe box as it sounds delicious, but will not attempt to make it until the above question is answered. Thank you"
"Wondering if there was difficulty spread sherbet on macaroon crust. Sounds delicious!"