Rainbow Sherbet Dessert Recipe
- 12 macaroon cookies, crumbled
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 pint each raspberry, lime and orange sherbet, softened
- Sprinkle cookie crumbs onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Combine cookie crumbs and pecans; fold in whipped cream. Spread half of cream mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Gently spread raspberry sherbet over cream layer. Layer with lime and orange sherbets; spread with remaining cream mixture. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rainbow Sherbet Dessert(6)
Sort By :
This dessert is very refreshing on a hot day. It's a nice blend of tastes. I substituted pecan shortbread cookies (sandies?) instead of macaroons and pecans, and it tasted great. Also, I couldn't find the three separate types of sherbet, but the store had a gallon of rainbow sherbet and that worked fine. It didn't have the layers as shown in the picture, but still was very pretty.
Expensive recipe to make as I used bakery macaroons ($18) which was probably going overboard. I looked up macaroons and will make my own if I every make this again as they seem quite simple and for the person worried about celiac disease--no flour! I went to three major grocery store chains and was unable to find lime sherbet in any size and only half-gallons sizes of raspberry and orange sherbet. I wonder if this recipe was printed from 1950-60 sources without updating for today's ingredients and processes. It would be nice to know how many cups of macaroon crumbles are needed. I found 8 bakery macaroons was probably a bit too much as they might be larger than packaged cookies. I also found it helpful to freeze in between each layer. I substituted lime frozen yogurt since I could not find lime sherbet and lime flavor seemed needed.
Yummy!!! I'm going to try it next time with coconut extract instead of the vanilla and replace the lime and raspberry sherbet with pineapple and lemon, keeping the orange, of course.
About How much in cups is 12 macaroons. My husband has celiac disease and I would have to make the macaroons from scratch and have no idea what the ratio would be. Sounds delicious.
i have been looking for this recipe for years! my mom made it for me on special occasions when i was a kid, it was my favorite. you must try this recipe, you won't be sorry.
More Recipe Collections
- Birthday Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >