This light and easy cake roll can be prepared year-round, but it's especially nice in the heat of summer. I like to have this dessert in the freezer ready to serve to unexpected company.
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 to 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 gallon berry rainbow sherbet
- Coat two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with cooking spray; line pans with waxed paper and spray the paper. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; spread batter into prepared pans. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched and entire top appears dry.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes. Turn each cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cakes in the towels jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll cakes; spread each with 4 cups sherbet to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place with seam side down on plastic wrap. Wrap securely; freeze until firm, about 6 hours. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Cut into 1-in. slices. Freeze leftovers. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Rainbow Sherbet Cake Roll in Country Woman May/June 1997, p36
Reviews for Rainbow Sherbet Cake Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review