Rainbow Sherbet Cake Roll
This light and easy cake roll can be prepared year-round, but it's especially nice in the heat of summer. I like to have this dessert in the freezer ready to serve to unexpected company.
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 to 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 gallon berry rainbow sherbet
- Coat two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with cooking spray; line
- pans with waxed paper and spray the paper. Prepare cake mix
- according to package directions; spread batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until the top springs back
- when lightly touched and entire top appears dry.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes. Turn each cake onto a kitchen towel
- dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll
- up cakes in the towels jelly-roll style, starting with a short side.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll cakes; spread each with 4 cups sherbet to within 1/2 in. of
- edges. Roll up again. Place with seam side down on plastic wrap.
- Wrap securely; freeze until firm, about 6 hours. Remove from freezer
- 15 minutes before serving. Cut into 1-in. slices. Freeze leftovers.
- Yield: 20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 183 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.