Rainbow Sherbet Angel Food Cake Recipe
Talk about a dessert that pops. Sometimes, I make this easy cake even more eye-catching by coloring the whipped cream, too. Use whatever sherbet flavor combination you like. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 3 cups rainbow sherbet, softened if necessary
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Using a long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally into four layers. Place bottom layer on a freezer-safe serving plate; spread with 1 cup sherbet. Repeat twice. Top with remaining cake layer. Freeze, covered, until sherbet is firm, about 1 hour.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Frost top and sides of cake. Freeze until firm.
- 3. Thaw in refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Cut cake with a serrated knife. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 253 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Rainbow Sherbet Angel Food Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC