Rainbow Sherbet Angel Food Cake
Talk about a dessert that pops. Sometimes, I make this easy cake even more eye-catching by coloring the whipped cream, too. Use whatever sherbet flavor combination you like. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 3 cups rainbow sherbet, softened if necessary
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Using a long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally into four layers.
- Place bottom layer on a freezer-safe serving plate; spread with 1
- cup sherbet. Repeat twice. Top with remaining cake layer. Freeze,
- covered, until sherbet is firm, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Frost
- top and sides of cake. Freeze until firm.
- Thaw in refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Cut cake with a
- serrated knife. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 253 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.