- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 3 cups rainbow sherbet, softened if necessary
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using a long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally into four layers. Place bottom layer on a freezer-safe serving plate; spread with 1 cup sherbet. Repeat twice. Top with remaining cake layer. Freeze, covered, until sherbet is firm, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Frost top and sides of cake. Freeze until firm.
- Thaw in refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Cut cake with a serrated knife. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rainbow Sherbet Angel Food Cake
Sort By :
"This looks very much like the dessert my Aunt and Mom used to make for all special events in the early 1950's! I was a little girl then and loved it. I have been looking for the recipe forever, since both my Mom and Aunt never used recipes and they always made homemade Angel Food cakes. They used separate flavors of sherbet instead of the rainbow flavor."
"I love this cake!"