Rainbow Rotini Pasta Salad
Oodles of noodles plus plenty of fresh veggies make Debbie Albright's side dish a real meal-brightener. "I sometimes add extra color by substituting red bell pepper for half of the green one," she shares from her Salisbury, North Carolina kitchen.But the secret ingredient in this salad is actually t he sweetened condensed milk."
12-14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (1 pound) tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed or 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and
- drain; place in a large bowl. Add carrots, onion, green pepper and
- celery seed. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for
- 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 378 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.