Rainbow Rotini Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 package (1 pound) tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed or 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain; place in a large bowl. Add carrots, onion, green pepper and celery seed. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Rainbow Rotini Pasta Salad
Sort By :
i got this recipe years ago after it was served at any function at my grandmothers church. i lovingly named the sweet tangy salad "churchlady" salad. I always get great comments and people wanting to take a dish home if any happens to be left over. I have also made this using cider vinegar which gives it a great tangy flavor. Real mayo is a must for this salad.
I amde this for our Labor Day BBQ. My sister-in-law loved it.
I made this recipe for potluck and received lots of comments and requests
When I made the dressing it was too much. So I only used half. It was also too sweet. I will make this again with half the ingredients for the dressing and less sugar. It's a keeper. :)