Oodles of noodles plus plenty of fresh veggies make Debbie Albright's side dish a real meal-brightener. "I sometimes add extra color by substituting red bell pepper for half of the green one," she shares from her Salisbury, North Carolina kitchen.But the secret ingredient in this salad is actually t he sweetened condensed milk."
- 1 package (1 pound) tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed or 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain; place in a large bowl. Add carrots, onion, green pepper and celery seed. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Rainbow Pasta Salad in Country Woman May/June 2000, p20
Reviews for Rainbow Rotini Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review