With plenty of veggies and a creamy egg-cheese filling, this tasty quiche gets great reviews every time I make it! —Lilith Fury-Thompson, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 each small green, sweet red and orange peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large skillet, saute broccoli, onion, mushrooms and peppers in butter until tender. Stir in spinach. Spoon into prepared crust; sprinkle with cheese. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt; pour over cheese.
Bake 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Securely wrap individual portions of cooled quiche in plastic wrap and foil; freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Rainbow Quiche in Taste of Home December/January 2010, p32
Reviews for Rainbow Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review