- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 each small green, sweet red and orange peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large skillet, saute broccoli, onion, mushrooms and peppers in butter until tender. Stir in spinach. Spoon into prepared crust; sprinkle with cheese. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt; pour over cheese.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Rainbow Quiche
Sort By :
"I can see the possibilities for this dish, but it certainly needed more seasoning. As one of the reviewers said, salsa would be a great addition."
"I did not like this very much. It definitely needs more seasoning."
"Delicious! I added salt, pepper and fresh garlic to the vegetables as other users suggest. It definitely makes two pies and I even cut back on the vegetables (used half the broccoli and onion, half a green and red pepper only). My pie crusts were not deep dish however."
"I used egg beaters and cheese. works wonderful and lowers the calories and cholesterol. I agree about the 2 pies. family loves this on Sundays."
"Delicious! It makes two full pies. My kids love it, too. Great for dinner or brunch!"