- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 each small green, sweet red and orange peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large skillet, saute broccoli, onion, mushrooms and peppers in butter until tender. Stir in spinach. Spoon into prepared crust; sprinkle with cheese. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt; pour over cheese.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Rainbow Quiche
Sort By :
"Delicious! I added salt, pepper and fresh garlic to the vegetables as other users suggest. It definitely makes two pies and I even cut back on the vegetables (used half the broccoli and onion, half a green and red pepper only). My pie crusts were not deep dish however."
"I used egg beaters and cheese. works wonderful and lowers the calories and cholesterol. I agree about the 2 pies. family loves this on Sundays."
"Delicious! It makes two full pies. My kids love it, too. Great for dinner or brunch!"
"Added bell peppers and garlic to the onion mixture. Followed the rest of the recipe...delicious"
"I used whatever I had in my kitchen. Didn't use spinach, used cheddar cheese and canned mushrooms. No green peppers, but used red, orange, and yellow. We enjoyed the quiche , but needs more seasoning, a bit bland tasting. Also makes way more than recipe states, it easily makes 2 regular pies."