Rainbow Quiche Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 each small green, sweet red and orange peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 6 Eggland's Best® Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large skillet, saute broccoli, onion, mushrooms and peppers in butter until tender. Stir in spinach. Spoon into prepared crust; sprinkle with cheese. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt; pour over cheese.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Rainbow Quiche(30)
Sort By :
I used whatever I had in my kitchen. Didn't use spinach, used cheddar cheese and canned mushrooms. No green peppers, but used red, orange, and yellow. We enjoyed the quiche , but needs more seasoning, a bit bland tasting. Also makes way more than recipe states, it easily makes 2 regular pies.
I added while sauteing a smidge of salt (still kept the 1/2 t. salt in the egg/milk mixture), pepper, sage, basil, garlic powder, and a little more red pepper and no green pepper at all. It looked a little too green for me. Maybe I'll add a little ground Italian sausage next time. I used my favorite Pillsbury pie crusts--makes one step easier, and I used regular eggs. I suggest making a double batch as long as you are cutting up so many veggies. Five of us ate one quiche in no time! It was not watery as some had mentioned earlier.
Bland. If I make it again I'll add fresh parsley, red pepper and maybe a poblano.
GREAT!! Absolutely GREAT ... easy to prepare and easier to consume.
Had for diner. All loved. Quick. Easy. Used left over ham from Sunday diner.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Mushroom Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >