Rainbow Pepper Medley Recipe
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
1/2 cup equals 75 calories, 6 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Rainbow Pepper Medley
"Pretty, tasty, easy, this salad was all of those. It added great color to the plate and best of all, my husband said, "This recipe is a keeper!""