“This colorful, crunchy salad is a delicious way to use your summer harvest of peppers. It’s handy because it is prepared ahead of time.” —Margaret Allen, Abingdon, Virginia
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Rainbow Pepper Medley in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p24
Reviews for Rainbow Pepper Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2010
"Pretty, tasty, easy, this salad was all of those. It added great color to the plate and best of all, my husband said, "This recipe is a keeper!""