“This colorful, crunchy salad is a delicious way to use your summer harvest of peppers. It’s handy because it is prepared ahead of time.” —Margaret Allen, Abingdon, Virginia
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Rainbow Pepper Medley in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p24
Reviews for Rainbow Pepper Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2010
"Pretty, tasty, easy, this salad was all of those. It added great color to the plate and best of all, my husband said, "This recipe is a keeper!""