Rainbow Pepper Appetizers
Company will quickly polish off this colorful pepper medley from Marion Karlin of Waterloo, Iowa. The crisp-tender veggies are topped with chopped olives and cheese.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 each medium green, sweet red, yellow and orange peppers
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Cut each pepper half into nine pieces. Place skin side down in an
- ungreased ovenproof skillet; sprinkle with cheese, olives and pepper
- flakes if desired.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until peppers are
- crisp-tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 3 pieces (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 34 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now