Rainbow Pepper Appetizers Recipe
- 1/2 each medium green, sweet red, yellow and orange peppers
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1. Cut each pepper half into nine pieces. Place skin side down in an ungreased ovenproof skillet; sprinkle with cheese, olives and pepper flakes if desired.
- 2. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 3 dozen.
3 pieces (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 34 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.