- 1/2 each medium green, sweet red, yellow and orange peppers
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Cut each pepper half into nine pieces. Place skin side down in an ungreased ovenproof skillet; sprinkle with cheese, olives and pepper flakes if desired.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 3 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Rainbow Pepper Appetizers
Sort By :
I have made this dish several times. It is a big hit everytime I make it. Very easy and simple to make. I have even started to bake the dish at 350 degrees in the oven til the cheese is melted or bubbly and it still takes fantastic! (make the dish as instructed and then bake at 350 degrees instead of in the broiler)
Simple, good and pretty healthy recipe. Preshedded cheese is a must because I shredded my own and it was difficult to distribute evenly. I used nisoise olives and kalamata would be good too for more flavor.