Rainbow Melon Julep Recipe
Three different kinds of melons make up this colorful fruit medley. Lime juice and soda, plus a hint of mint, season this pretty citrus salad from Sue Ross of Casa Grande, Arizona.
- 3 cups watermelon balls
- 3 cups honeydew balls
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the melon balls. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, lime juice, sugar substitute, mint, orange peel and lime peel. Pour over melon; gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Just before serving, add soda and gently stir to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 72 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Rainbow Melon Julep
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC