Three different kinds of melons make up this colorful fruit medley. Lime juice and soda, plus a hint of mint, season this pretty citrus salad from Sue Ross of Casa Grande, Arizona.
- 3 cups watermelon balls
- 3 cups honeydew balls
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- In a large bowl, combine the melon balls. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, lime juice, sugar substitute, mint, orange peel and lime peel. Pour over melon; gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Just before serving, add soda and gently stir to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Rainbow Melon Julep in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p22
Reviews for Rainbow Melon Julep
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2008
"This recipe is fantasic! Simple, simple, and delicious! One tip tho make sure it is allowed to get very cold before serving. Some of you keep your refridgerator on a higher setting...this dish needs to be chilled to be perfect!"