Rainbow Gelatin Recipe
Our kids love this salad's array of colors. The cool cream cheese layers complement the layers of gelatin.—Steve Mirro, Cape Coral, Florida
- 6 packages (3 ounces each) fruit-flavored gelatins of your choice
- 6 cups boiling water, divided
- 3 cups cold water, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into six cubes
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup cold water; stir. Spoon half into an oiled 10-in. fluted tube pan. Chill until almost set, about 40 minutes. Cool the other half of gelatin mixture; pour into a blender. Add one cube of cream cheese and blend until smooth. Spoon over the first layer. Chill until set. Repeat five times, alternating plain gelatin layer with creamed gelatin layer, and chilling between each step. Just before serving, unmold onto a serving platter. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 55 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC