Our kids love this salad's array of colors. The cool cream cheese layers complement the layers of gelatin.Steve Mirro, Cape Coral, Florida
16-20 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 6 packages (3 ounces each) fruit-flavored gelatins of your choice
- 6 cups boiling water, divided
- 3 cups cold water, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into six cubes
- In a bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in 1 cup boiling water.
- Add 1/2 cup cold water; stir. Spoon half into an oiled 10-in. fluted
- tube pan. Chill until almost set, about 40 minutes. Cool the other
- half of gelatin mixture; pour into a blender. Add one cube of cream
- cheese and blend until smooth. Spoon over the first layer. Chill
- until set. Repeat five times, alternating plain gelatin layer with
- creamed gelatin layer, and chilling between each step. Just before
- serving, unmold onto a serving platter. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 55 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.