Rainbow Gelatin Salad Recipe
This seven-layer gelatin salad will elicit oohs and aahs from all your guests. It's well worth the time it takes to prepare.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour + chilling YIELD:16-20 servings
- 7 packages (3 ounces each) assorted flavored gelatin
- 4-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 4-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk, chilled, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir in 3/4 cup cold water. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- 2. Dissolve a second package of gelatin in 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir in 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup milk. Spoon over the first layer. Chill until firm.
- 3. Repeat five times, alternating with creamy gelatin. Chill until each layer is firm before adding the next layer. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares. Yield: 16-20 servings.
3/4 cup equals 130 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC