These perky gelatin cubes are fun to serve and to eat! I vary the colors to match the occasion - pink and blue for a baby shower, school colors for a graduation party, etc. Kids of all ages snap them up. -Deanna Pietrowicz, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) assorted flavored gelatin
- 6 envelopes unflavored gelatin, divided
- 5-3/4 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a small bowl, combine one package flavored gelatin and one envelope unflavored gelatin. Stir in 1 cup boiling water until dissolved. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until set but not firm, about 20 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine the condensed milk and 1 cup boiling water. In another bowl, sprinkle two envelopes unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in 3/4 cup boiling water. Add to milk mixture. Spoon 1 cup of the creamy gelatin mixture over the first flavored gelatin layer. Refrigerate until set but not firm, about 25 minutes.
- Repeat from beginning of recipe twice alternating flavored gelatin with creamy gelatin layers. Chill each layer until set but not firm before spooning next layer on top. Make final flavored gelatin; spoon over top. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour after completing last layer before cutting into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Originally published as Rainbow Gelatin Cubes in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p29
Reviews for Rainbow Gelatin Cubes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review