Rainbow Fruit Salad Medley Recipe
This fresh fruit medley makes a wonderful addition to the breakfast table. A few pinches of ground ginger and nutmeg put a flavorful twist on familiar tastes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 large firm bananas, sliced
- 2 medium nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups halved seedless grapes
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 126 calories, 1 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC