Rag Doll Salad Recipe
Both kids and adults will enjoy lunching with these imaginative dolls. They make having a healthy salad delicious and fun…so, go ahead and play with your food.
- 1 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Egg, cut lengthwise in half
- 2 tablespoons carrot curls
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 pimiento strips
- 1 medium tomato, halved
- 2 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 2/3 cup chicken or tuna salad
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 8 baby carrots
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- For each salad, place an egg half at the top of a plate for doll's head. Arrange carrot curls around egg for hair. Insert cloves for eyes; position a pimiento strip for mouth.
- Place a tomato half below the egg; add olive halves for buttons. Spoon chicken salad below tomato; place a lettuce leaf over salad for skirt. For arms and legs, place baby carrots on either side of tomato and below the lettuce.
- Place mayonnaise in a small pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe stripes on carrot legs for stockings. Discard cloves before eating. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Rag Doll Salad in Country Woman May/June 2006, p38
Reviews for Rag Doll Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >