Radish Asparagus Salad Recipe
“Lemon zest and mustard in the dressing add the perfect punch to crisp asparagus and crunchy radishes in this fresh spring salad. My family loves it!” Nancy Latulippe – Simcoe, ON
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 7 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; add radishes and sesame seeds. Place dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 73 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC