Radish, Cucumber and Grapefruit Salad Recipe
- 2 large red grapefruit
- 1 pound radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sunflower kernels, optional
- 1. Cut each grapefruit in half horizontally. With a sharp knife, cut around each section to loosen fruit; place in a large bowl. Add the radishes, cucumber, onions and dill.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the grapefruit juice, honey, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over grapefruit mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels if desired. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without sunflower kernels) equals 63 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.