Radish & Garbanzo Bean Salad
This recipe resulted from a surprise visit from relatives. I didn't have time to shop, so I worked with what I had on hand…a can of chickpeas and produce from my garden.
3 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the beans, radishes, onion and parsley.
- Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 211 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 525 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.