Radicchio Salad Cups
Radicchio serves as edible cups for a fresh-tasting salad. A tangy mustard and vinegar dressing partners well with apples and Gorgonzola cheese.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/3 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 radicchio leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, walnuts and apple. In a small
- bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard and pepper. Drizzle over
- salad; gently toss to coat. Spoon 1/3 cup onto each radicchio leaf.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 salad cup equals 200 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.