Rack of Lamb
I first started cooking in college and have continued to do so ever since. Grilling is what I like best, but I bake this rack of lamb in the oven for the best results.—Bob Paffenroth, Brookfield, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 racks of lamb (1 to 1-1/2 pounds each), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place lamb on a rack in a greased large roasting pan; brush with
- mustard. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, salt
- and pepper. Press onto the meat. Combine butter and garlic; drizzle
- over meat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove from the
- oven and cover loosely with foil. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before
- slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4-1/2 ounces cooked lamb equals 247 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.