Rack of Lamb Recipe
- 4 racks of lamb (1 to 1-1/2 pounds each), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Place lamb on a rack in a greased large roasting pan; brush with mustard. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. Press onto the meat. Combine butter and garlic; drizzle over meat.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove from the oven and cover loosely with foil. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
4-1/2 ounces cooked lamb equals 247 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.