Rack of Lamb Recipe
- 4 racks of lamb (1 to 1-1/2 pounds each), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place lamb on a rack in a greased large roasting pan; brush with mustard. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. Press onto the meat. Combine butter and garlic; drizzle over meat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove from the oven and cover loosely with foil. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Rack of Lamb(3)
Sort By :
Very good recipe and super easy too!
I made this for my husband, he said it was great and he especially loved the topping. Next time I cook lamb, I will make it the same way.
These racks of lamb are so tasty. The oven roasting makes them tender and the breadcrumb topping is my favorite part! When my DH and I want to impress guests, this does the trick. It even converts those who say they don't like lamb.