Rack 'em Up Cheese Balls Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) thinly sliced dried beef, finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/4 cups crisp rice cereal, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Blue paste food coloring
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) thinly sliced dried beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions (green tops only)
- 1/2 cup diced sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 15 small water chestnut slices
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Black paste food coloring
- 2 breadsticks
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, ricotta and sour cream; add beef. Beat in the cheddar cheese, cereal, onion and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- In a small shallow bowl, combine blue food coloring and Swiss cheese; set aside. Shape cheese mixture into 16 balls. Roll one ball in white onion for the cue ball. Roll another cheese ball in olives for the eight ball. Roll a third ball in colored Swiss cheese; make a stripe of colored Swiss cheese on a fourth ball.
- With remaining cheese balls, make six solid-colored balls and six striped balls by rolling in the cheddar cheese, beef, red onion, green onions, yellow pepper and red pepper. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Thoroughly pat water chestnuts dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, milk and black food coloring. Cut a small hole in a corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert round tip #4. Fill bag with cream cheese mixture. Write numbers on water chestnuts; lightly press one water chestnut onto each ball (except cue ball).
- Arrange pool balls on a wooden cutting board. Use breadsticks for pool cues. Serve with crackers. Yield: 16 cheese balls (about 1/3 cup each).
Originally published as Rack 'em Up Cheese Balls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p180
Reviews for Rack 'em Up Cheese Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2012
"i am on a pool league and i can't wait to take them to our banquet. they are going to go over so great. what a great idea!"