Rachel with a Twist
A Reuben sandwich made with lower-fat turkey instead of corned beef is referred to as a “Rachel,” and this scrumptious version just may become your new favorite!
—Joy Harris, Tampa, Florida
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 ounces cuban bread or French bread, halved lengthwise
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey
- 6 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; spread over
- bread bottom. Layer with turkey, cheese and sauerkraut. Replace top.
- Cut into six slices.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches in oil for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until cheese is melted, pressing firmly with
- a large spatula. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 299 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 1,029 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.