A Reuben sandwich made with lower-fat turkey instead of corned beef is referred to as a “Rachel,” and this scrumptious version just may become your new favorite! —Joy Harris, Tampa, Florida
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 ounces cuban bread or French bread, halved lengthwise
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey
- 6 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; spread over bread bottom. Layer with turkey, cheese and sauerkraut. Replace top. Cut into six slices.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted, pressing firmly with a large spatula. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rachel with a Twist in Healthy Cooking February/March 2012, p22
Reviews for Rachel with a Twist
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review