- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 ounces cuban bread or French bread, halved lengthwise
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey
- 6 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; spread over bread bottom. Layer with turkey, cheese and sauerkraut. Replace top. Cut into six slices.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted, pressing firmly with a large spatula. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Rachel with a Twist
"OMG! This was absolutely AMAZING!!! Even better then I expected. I thought it was weird to fry them so put them in the oven but did fry 2 of them - definitely fry them! The oven ones were too hard but still very tasty. All 3 of my kids, even my 3 yr old, asked for seconds (I didn't put sauerkraut on the kids half). I made 2 French breads worth & only have 3 sandwiches left over! This recipe is a keeper for sure!!!!! :o]"
"Every Rachel I've ever had was prepared with coleslaw so I'll stick with that because I LOVE them....otherwise this recipe is AWESOME!!"
"we really liked it - I used Italian bread and left off the sauerkraut for the kids. Will definitely make it again - soon!"
"this was really good, even if I used the wrong bread. By mistake I bought Italian, but it was still delicious"