Rabbit with Tarragon Sauce Recipe
Golden rabbit pieces covered in a savory herbed gravy make this a satisfying, stick-to-your-ribs main dish. One of my favorite herbs, tarragon, provides subtle flavor that goes so well with rabbit. -Yvonne Kessler, Pangman, Saskatchewan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 50 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 rabbits (2 to 2-1/2 pounds each), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine flour, tarragon, salt and pepper. Add the rabbit pieces, one at a time, and shake well.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter; add oil. Saute the rabbit pieces, a few at a time, until browned. Add broth; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Thicken the pan juices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 265 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 755 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC