Rabbit with Tarragon Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 rabbits (2 to 2-1/2 pounds each), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine flour, tarragon, salt and pepper. Add the rabbit pieces, one at a time, and shake well.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter; add oil. Saute the rabbit pieces, a few at a time, until browned. Add broth; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Thicken the pan juices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 265 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 755mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Rabbit with Tarragon Sauce
"Excellent! Quick, easy, and very tasty. The rabbit can be dry so watch your cooking time on it. I could easily see substituting chicken in this recipe as well."