Golden rabbit pieces covered in a savory herbed gravy make this a satisfying, stick-to-your-ribs main dish. One of my favorite herbs, tarragon, provides subtle flavor that goes so well with rabbit. -Yvonne Kessler, Pangman, Saskatchewan
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 rabbits (2 to 2-1/2 pounds each), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine flour, tarragon, salt and pepper. Add the rabbit pieces, one at a time, and shake well.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; add oil. Saute the rabbit pieces, a few at a time, until browned. Add broth; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Thicken the pan juices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Rabbit with Tarragon Sauce in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p33
Reviews for Rabbit with Tarragon Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review