Quinoa with Roasted Veggies and Feta Recipe
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Cut carrots and zucchini in half and into 1/2-in. slices; place in a large bowl. Add the peppers, onion, oil, garlic, oregano, pepper and salt; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Stir in corn; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Set aside to cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork.
- 4. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl; stir in the vegetables, parsley and basil. Sprinkle with cheese; serve with lemon. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 193 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.