- longer or until vegetables are tender. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add quinoa.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is
- absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl; stir in the vegetables, parsley and
- basil. Sprinkle with cheese; serve with lemon. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 193 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.