- 3 medium carrots
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon wedges
- Cut carrots and zucchini in half and into 1/2-in. slices; place in a large bowl. Add the peppers, onion, oil, garlic, oregano, pepper and salt; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Stir in corn; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl; stir in the vegetables, parsley and basil. Sprinkle with cheese; serve with lemon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Quinoa with Roasted Veggies and Feta
Sort By :
"We love this recipe. i use whatever veggies I have; doesn't have to be carrots and zucchini. But, for us, the corn is important. It adds a dimension to the recipe. Just love it; make often."
"I definitely would make this again ... and I plan for it to be soon! My husband and I both enjoyed this dish very much. The only thing I changed was to leave out the corn. I'm thinking of making a double batch of this to keep in the fridge for quick lunches for myself. It is truly delicious."
"This is delicious hot or cold. My husband and kids love it!"
"This is the first time I made this. We just got done with dinner. My husband was so impressed he took photos before we ate. We both loved it. Wonderful! I think we'll be having this often."