- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir into cooked quinoa. Add the peas, salt and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Quinoa with Peas and Onion(7)
Sort By :
I've tried several quinoa recipes lately and had almost given up on the grain. While this one tasted a lot like peas, it's mildness and versatility did renew my hope for quinoa.
I didn't even add the nuts and it was very good. I will make again and try adding other things.
I also added some shredded carrots.
This was the first time I tried quinoa, so I didnt know what to expect. It turned out very good, but I did have to add some seasoning salt. I will definetly make it again:)
Have prepared this quinoa dish a few times and find it very tasty. Made half the recipe and reduced the salt to 1/8 tsp. Replaced the walnuts w/ toasted pine nuts. Yum, yum, it's even good cold.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Grains Side Dish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >