Get all the nutritious benefits of quinoa, spinach and cranberries paired with the crunchy texture of nuts in this easy and scrumptious salad. A light, flavorful dressing splashed with citrus tops everything off! —Sharon Ricci, Mendon, New York
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, torn
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm quinoa, spinach and cranberries. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, orange juice, vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in onion. Pour over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Quinoa Wilted Spinach Salad in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p55
Reviews for Quinoa Wilted Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review