Protein-rich quinoa has been called the nutritional supergrain. Its light and crunchy texture makes it terrific in salads, like this well-dressed mix of colorful veggies.—Merwyn Garbini, Tucson, Arizona
Recommended: 20 Quinoa Recipes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely. Add the tomatoes, peas, carrot and shallot.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, vinegar, parsley, thyme, oil, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- Place spinach on a serving plate; top with quinoa salad. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quinoa Vegetable Salad in Country Woman April/May 2010, p47
Reviews for Quinoa Vegetable Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2012
"the dressing is way too tart for me. I had to had lots of sugar and some mayonaise to calm it down. Love quinoa but will look for a different dressing next time."