Protein-rich quinoa has been called the nutritional supergrain. Its light and crunchy texture makes it terrific in salads, like this well-dressed mix of colorful veggies.—Merwyn Garbini, Tucson, Arizona
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely. Add the tomatoes, peas, carrot and shallot.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, vinegar, parsley, thyme, oil, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- Place spinach on a serving plate; top with quinoa salad. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quinoa Vegetable Salad in Country Woman April/May 2010, p47
Reviews for Quinoa Vegetable Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review