Quinoa Vegetable Pilaf Recipe
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion and carrot in oil until tender. Add rice and quinoa; stir to coat. Stir in broth and pepper.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, adding the broccoli during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 193 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Quinoa Vegetable Pilaf
"This was my first time trying quinoa and it was very good. I added some dried thyme and I swapped out the broccoli for cauliflower to please my fussy mother. I can't want to make it again."
"Excellent recipe. I like the quinoa as a hearty replacement for rice."
"The perfect answer to a different side dish for grilled steaks!"