Quinoa Vegetable Pilaf Recipe
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and carrot in oil until tender. Add rice and quinoa; stir to coat. Stir in broth and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, adding the broccoli during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Quinoa Vegetable Pilaf(3)
Sort By :
This was my first time trying quinoa and it was very good. I added some dried thyme and I swapped out the broccoli for cauliflower to please my fussy mother. I can't want to make it again.
Excellent recipe. I like the quinoa as a hearty replacement for rice.
The perfect answer to a different side dish for grilled steaks!