- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook the
- turkey, onion, red pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is
- no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the chili
- powder, cumin and cinnamon; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add the black beans, tomatoes, zucchini, chipotle pepper, adobo
- sauce, bay leaf, oregano, salt, pepper and remaining water. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in corn
- and quinoa; heat through. Discard bay leaf; stir in cilantro. Yield:
- 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 264 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.