In our new cookbook “The Kitchen Decoded,” we include tabbouleh salad because it's super simple and filling. Try red quinoa for a slightly earthier flavor. —Logan Levant, Los Angeles, California
Recommended: 20 Quinoa Recipes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs, stems removed
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- Place parsley, mint, onion and garlic in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add tomatoes and cucumber; pulse until coarsely chopped. Add tomato mixture to quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil and seasonings until blended; drizzle over quinoa mixture and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Reviews for Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2016
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2015
"Delicious, will definitely make again."
Reviewed May. 1, 2015
"This was wonderful.. It will be a stable during the summer. I didn't put the mint in it but I did use the fresh parsley. So yummy and refreshing"