When my mom and sister developed several food allergies, we had to modify many recipes. I substituted quinoa for couscous in this tabouleh. Now we make it all the time! —Jennifer Klann, Corbett, Oregon
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a bowl; cool completely.
- Add the beans, cucumber, red pepper and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Quinoa Tabbouleh in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p42
Reviews for Quinoa Tabbouleh
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review