- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a bowl; cool completely.
- Add the beans, cucumber, red pepper and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Quinoa Tabbouleh
Sort By :
"If it doesn't have quite enough zip, add more lemon juice (I used fresh squeezed). GREAT!"
"I just tried this recipe for the first time and took it to a potluck at church. People raved over it and several asked for the recipe. I had to leave out the parsley as I had forgotten to buy any (and I'm sure it would have been far better with the parsley included), but it didn't seem to make a difference to people. A very refreshing and healthy salad that I am likely to make again and again!"