Quinoa and Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-16 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the orange pepper, onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Stir in beans and corn; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until onion is tender. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, vinegar, salt, pepper and chili powder. Pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat.
- 4. Spoon quinoa onto a serving platter. Top with tomato mixture, avocado and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 255 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
"Loved it! Used as a side dish. Left out onion as I feel they can overpower a dish like this. And accidently forgot to add cilantro at the end but still delicious. Added to my rotation"