VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium quinces, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 medium pears, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, bring quinces and juices to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in pears; cover and simmer 2-3 minutes longer or until quinces are tender. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the onion, jalapeno, ginger, honey and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Quince Pear Salsa in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p59