Quince Orange Marmalade
Quince sweetens this marmalade as it simmers and fills the house with its distinctive autumn aroma. It’s great on toast or bagels for breakfast in the morning! Thanks to our Test Kitchen for the recipe.
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours + chilling
- 5 cups chopped peeled quinces (about 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until mixture
- is reduced to 3 cups, stirring frequently.
- Cool slightly; carefully mash. Cool to room temperature. Cover and
- refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving. Store in
- airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or freeze
- for longer storage. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 58 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.