Quince Orange Marmalade
Quince sweetens this marmalade as it simmers and fills the house with its distinctive autumn aroma. It’s great on toast or bagels for breakfast in the morning! Thanks to our Test Kitchen for the recipe.
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours + chilling
- 5 cups chopped peeled quince (about 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until mixture
- is reduced to 3 cups, stirring frequently.
- Cool slightly; carefully mash. Fill all containers to within 1/2 in.
- of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers. Cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw frozen
- marmalade in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 58 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.