Quilted Sugar Cookies
Piped-on frosting made my cookies into vivid mini-quilt blocks for a sweet ending to the theme luncheon. My friends appreciated the fact that even the food reflected our mutual love of quilting.
Grace Yaskovic, Branchville, New Jersey
18 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting and food coloring or decorator's icing
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs; mix well. Add flour;
- mix well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Line a 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil. Press dough onto the
- bottom of pan. Score dough with a sharp knife to make 2-in. x 2-in.
- squares (discard scraps or reroll and bake as directed). Bake at
- 325° for 16-18 minutes or until set (cookies will not brown).
- Carefully lift cookies out of pan using foil. Cut into squares;
- cool. Mix frosting with food coloring to make desired colors or use
- decorator's icing. Decorate cookies with quilt patterns. Yield:
- about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 156 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.